- LogicMills started developing a Kindy version of its Analytical Thinking Skills course when parents saw that it worked with the primary school children.
- Had an initial partnership with NTUC First Campus to test out the curriculum with more than 10 centres.
- Tested since 2008 in over 20 pre-schools in Singapore
- Targets the Critical and Inventive pillar of MOE’s 21 CCs and Kindergarden Curriculum Framework.
- Learning through play: Well-loved by all participating children.
- Easy to implement
- Scaffolded for all ability levels of teachers to use in classroom
- Comprehensive Teacher Guide (published by McGraw Hill)
- Accompanying Train the Trainer modules
Thinking Skills Curriculum
- For 4-6 year olds
- 112 lessons ((for 3 progressive years of N2, K1 and K2)
– Foundation (16 base lessons)
– N2 (32 base lessons)
– K1 (32 base lessons)
– K2 32 base lessons)
- 1.0 hr to 1.5 hr lesson time each week (with easy expansion to 5.0hr to 7.5hr each week)
- Themed and scaffolded
– Quantitative Analysis
– Physical and Spatial Skills
– Matching and Pattern Recognition
– Working Together
- Each lesson includes
– LogicLeaps (warmup exercises for reasoning skills like starjumps)
– Activities (Board games, card games, role playing, big central activities)